Monday, April 15, 2013

Craft Room Spring Cleaning

     
ORGANIZING!!!
I have a deep appreciation for organizing!  Luckily, my daughters do, too!  We cleared out the craft room and created nothing short of a disaster!  When I organize (redo a room, in this case), I find it necessary to empty the room as much as possible.  I then am able to rearrange furniture, begin cleaning, and fill all the spaces again!  Everything seems new and exciting when positioned in its new place.  Also, projects and oodles of ideas pop into my head while sorting through all the stuff!!!! 
The partially empty room:
When my organizing juices get going there is no stopping me, 
which usually results in a late night and tired, but ever so fulfilling morning.  
My girls are tremendous helpers.
We wound skeins of yarn into balls while watching old "Brady Bunch" reruns!
The beauty of all these colors and textures!
Sophia sorted and rolled ribbons!
Julia labeled
The DYMO LetraTag is great for making labels.
Miscellaneous supplies were labeled, thrown into boxes, 
and now rest on a closet shelf.
Who said cleaning out the fabric scraps couldn't be fun?!
It feels more inviting already!
I find baskets, cans, buckets, jars, pitchers - you name it, around my home and repurpose them.  
It is sort of like a treasure hunt, seeking the perfect container!  
 Old, galvanized buckets, baskets, suitcases, jars, tins are my favorites.
 Their beauty and usefulness makes me smile.
Jars
More jars...


Galvanized buckets...
Some things are too pretty to be contained...

Some things are just pretty!

The new and improved sewing corner...

The organized supply shelf...

The newly positioned craft buffet!
We accomplished the task of 
reorganizing our craft room! 

Spring cleaning is done for today! 
We are off to play!

No comments:

Post a Comment