Monday, April 15, 2013

Crazy About Owls

Owls

We love owls!  A little owl friend hoots around our home in the late evenings. Such a happy sound!  Last week we glimpsed an owl in the high hedge outside CostCo!!  Knowing we may spot her in her nest (it is said that she is sitting on eggs!) makes our CostCo run much more pleasurable!  
Out of recycled sweaters, the girls made these hand and cup warmers.  Their little OWL warmers help distinguish their own thermos and are so cozy to grasp.  The Nissan Stainless Thermos, available at Pete's Coffee on State Street in Santa Barbara, is  worth every penny!  No spills, easy to clean, and they last forever.  I have bought and tried many hot cups and these are hands down THE BEST.
Usually I am not drawn to abridged literature, but this story on CD is a definite exception!  We popped it in the car CD player on one of our 35 minute treks to Ventura for our IEW, piano, and guitar classes and were instantly hooked.  I drove slowly!  It is about nature and animals, but primarily about our beloved owls!  Though it is recommended for 6 to 10 year olds, my 10 and 11 year old daughters thoroughly enjoyed it, as did I.  Boys will appreciate it equally, if not more than girls!  Interestingly, the narrator is only 18! His story telling is so captivating!  Enjoy Owls in the Family by Farley Mowat!
My Anthropologie owl candle...what can I say?!  It is a perfect little hoot on my table!

No comments:

Post a Comment