Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Flowers and Farms in Carpinteria

Touring the Farms and Nurseries

We were surrounded in great beauty this weekend.  We toured greenhouses, nurseries, and farms in Carpinteria.  The sites and the smells were tremendous.  Sadly, my camera does not give the flowers the praise they deserve.



Westerlay Orchids Greenhouse Tour...
 Just a small corner is captured in this photo.
The magnitude of the greenhouse, laden with orchids, was breathtaking!
How elegant!
We could not resist bringing home some orchids!
  
Sophia even surprised me with an orchid gift of my own!

 The minis look so sweet in silver creamers!
At Padaro Flowers we saw roses of every hue,
 carrying a multitude of sweet scents,
 and even a variety called Bella! Of course this was my Bella's favorite!
 Ever-Bloom daisies ready to be shipped...
  We will be certain to attend the Carpinteria Greenhouse and Nursery Tours next year!
Ranunculus
Sunday we strolled through Pacifica Gardens for a tour.  The flowers, produce, and trees were all so colorful, fresh, organic, and healthy looking.  Oh!  What I would not do to have a green thumb to create this!  They gave away seeds and starter plants, which the girls eagerly planted this afternoon!  The hours of hard work here are evident.  I will settle for visits and reap the rewards of their labor, as I learned I can order produce and even flowers from their bounty!
This is a protea!  I never have seen one like it!  
Evidently it grows on a shrub and is native to South Africa. 
Spice appreciates it! 
 What a beautiful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment